Thursday, May 17, 2007

long time no see

wow its been a while... but im back. yay for me! update: I have a band. its me and my bro Drew. it has two names: The Wandering, and The L.A. Experience. ( i need YOUR help to decide!) I play acoustic guitar, and drew plays bass. we have five songs. enough for an E.P.! here are the stories behind the names, read them and make your vote count!

The Wandering: this started as "wandering minds" because i pretty much write about the things that my mind wanders to during math class and various other boring things: life, love, friends, spirituality, school, boys, parents, music, becoming famous, going to concerts, whether or not my friend was serious about his suicide attempt, etc. so, "The Wandering" was my band when it was just me w/ my acoustic. my first solo record was gonna be called "Cast No Shadow" no story behind that, its the title of a drawing i did that would be the album cover. it means what ever you want it to mean. although i like to think of it as leaving no mark, being invisible, not being there, not existing, etc. but i also have "Cry Me A Solo, Bleed Me A Song" as an option. also a painting.

The L.A. Experience: Drew came up with this one, its simple enough; the Lacey-Andrew Experience. i really like this, but i cant let go of my old title, im attatched emotionally. kind of like an ugly little stray animal that you find, name, nurse to health, then want to keep forever and ever and ever and ever. like that. i think the name is really cool, but it sounds more punky, and the stuff i write is all pretty emo, on account of i only have an acoustic guitar and no drummer. and no lead vocalist. i sing, since i wrote, but im looking to replace myself. the first album would probably be called "Strangely Familiar" or something to that effect. (andrew came up w/ that one too).

Thats the story. now voters, start your compys. give which name you like the best and why, and your name could be mentioned in the "i thank:" part of the CD!! or something like that. ready set GO

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The wandering. I think the L.A. is clever, but I can't get past thinking of California. When can I hear your stuff? :)

you know, that girl... the one with the guitar! said...

whenever you want to, or just the next time i see you, or whatever. im gonna start a band blog so i can give you the address when the name is finally decided.

Keshia.m said...

Hmmm... For some reason I am really drawn to, "the wandering." I think you should do that one. Oooohhh, I could be in the I thank part?!!! That would be cool! I have never been in one of those! Anyway, so my vote is "the wandering." Love Keshia