Sunday, January 28, 2007

does the "real world" really exist?

no. at least, i don't think so. i mean really, c'mon! why do we go to school? "to prepare us for the real world" why do we get summer jobs? "to prepare us for the real world" why do we get into dating relationships? "to prepare us for the real world" why do we go to college? "to prepare us for the real world" why do we get married and have kids? "to prepare us for the real world" why do we have to buy our own cars and pay for gas? "to prepare us for the real world" why do we have to pay for our own college? "to prepare us for the real world. does the real world exist? how can it? our entire lives are all preparing us for what we so lovingly call "the real world," when, in reality, we die before we ever make it there! we spend 18 years in school preparing for the real world and learning real life skills, only to move on to college, where we spend another few years of our lives learning things that will get us into the real world. upon graduation, we get jobs where the big people will ultimately always look down on us, and the corporate food chain prepares us, yet again, for this "real world" experience. how many of you live in the real world? how does one define the real world? how many of you got your definitions of "the real world" from a movie, TV show, magazine, of the Internet? ["...and do be honest, this is for posterity." -the princess bride] I hope this made you think about this, so-called "real world," and maybe you even realized that the real world is actually a government conspiracy. (if you did, you need to a serious reality check, your living in your OWN kinda world.) So, with those parting words, I bid you farewell, and wish you luck in finding the real world.
bassXchick

[quite honestly I'm good with the one i have, thank you very much!]

7 comments:

Katy said...

If you think about it, everything is a government conspiracy in some twisted way. Everything wrong or right or seemingly right or wrong can be blamed on the government. What a utopian society we live in to be free of all guilt. Seriously though, it''s true. hearts!

Brad Granath said...

So I would say that "The Real World" is being content with your life. Once with what you have, you ARE prepared. All of that stuff that you do to prepare for "The Real World" is done to help you learn to manage your life. Once you can manage, and be happy about it, you've reached The Real World.

you know, that girl... the one with the guitar! said...

Lol, gov conspiracy theories are so much fun. i should have an entire blog all about them. that would be SO funny. hmmmm... the real world = contentness makes sense.... but some people are never content with their lives, so maybe for them they can just chase dreams and call that the real world. w/e, its all good!
bassXchick

debbie said...

I think "the real world" becomes whatever you want it to be. like me being in college now studying what I'm studying is because it's what I want to do later in life when I, you know, enter the real world and get a job and a house and a family. =) but it doesn't always have to go that way... always subject to change.

anyway, thank you for you comment, it's always great to hear encouraging praise! =)

Keshia.m said...

I have never really thought about it before, but you are right!
Everything is to prepare for the "real world".
I agree with Brad's view.
I would need to think about it more though before I comment anymore...
Luv ya!

Unknown said...

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/080303/sixteen-years.gif

I'll write more soon :)

Anonymous said...

Good post.