Monday, August 25, 2008

gourmet cooking?

my new place in the family has a title.

it is

"lacey, could you please make dinner?"

so my favorite thing to do right now

is curl up with my newest book

Dante's Inferno

and a can of cold spaghetti-Os,


while i wait for my chicken to finish marinating,

(in the sauce that i created myself)

so that i can grill it,

then finish it in the wok to seal in the moisture and tenderness.


while simultaneously sauteing veggies and frying tortillas and setting the table.


hooray for fine dining.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The thought of cold spaghettios right now (9 am) makes me want to throw up. Can't believe you still like those things!

So, maybe you could carry on that title when you're here, just a couple times? I've been so tired lately! :)

Anonymous said...

Cooking...yes, I understand that. Finally...something that Nana understands. It is gratifying to put something on the table that tastes good and you enjoy. Especially for your family or friends. You want people to get up from the table and say, as they are on the way to clean the kitchen for you, "Wasn't that a great meal? Thanks so much for the great time together." Well Lacy, Nana can't think of a danged bit of wisdom here for this one. I must be getting to the end of menopause, thank God, cause I sure got full of myself today. Boy, I really gotta get out more.

Anonymous said...

And now that I know I spell your name wrong..I will do my best to correct that problem...but as I get older I may drop a few more letters. I did finally quit getting Malerie the same birthday card every year so I guess I can learn to spell your name right.

Love you..Nana